Re: Site Changes

Post  randi philleo on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:39 pm

LOL!

Try the poll now: Reading of the Forums

Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanjilek on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Poll must be closed or else I don't have something right on my end. I guess I missed that post. Been trying to read though what is all here. I would personally prefer it the original post first and replies following... but maybe the change would be good for my brain. Have to try and break routines. Maybe I should cut down on my hobbies so I don't have so many forums to keep track of! Thanks for the reply.

Ryan
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  dkwandt on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:28 pm

i check often, so i prefer newest on top, but i am pretty sure i can figure it out either way. frankley i kinda got hooked on it because of the mashers site. didn't know it was an option until i became a masher.
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Haha, I totally agree. There's actually a poll going on in the general discussion area (click here) regarding the format. I wasn't sure if it was just me (I too read a lot of forums), so I wanted to give everyone a fair shake before changing it over.

Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanjilek on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Is it just me or is it backwards to read the threads from the newest to oldest post? I guess I read too many forums and it is just not what I'm used to. I can see the logic either way but if you are trying to catch up you have to go to last post to find out what was the original topic. Likewise you may have to do some digging if you've not checked if for a while. i.e. you will not know you left off somewhere in the middle of page 2. On the other hand if you've been following it all the new posts will be on top. Maybe there is a personal preference but I've not found it in the profile section. Anyway, just food for thought and my $0.02 (which may be an upgrade from what I think it is worth).
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Site Changes

Post  randi philleo on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:21 pm

There's been a few small site changes... most of them were graphical, but we thought we'd let you know whats going on. In addition to tidying up a bit, we added a fun ranking system that appears on your message posts and will change as you increase your post amount. The other change is that now you can't just crawl the forums without logging in. Don't be a creeper, log in and say hi.

Don't be afraid to make any suggestions.

Thanks for supporting NDBrewers.com!
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top