NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+3
Mike Philleo
randi philleo
fatbob
7 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post  dkwandt Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:58 pm

hello all, i am Dennis, been brewing about a year now. i live in Mandan.

brewing all grain, 5 and 10 gallon batches. i have not built my sculptur yet but when i do i will post it.
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Dealer Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:04 pm

i should'a put text in before the image as i cant edit to get line text in...anyway HI BOB and below is how i brew. have 65 gallons in kegs and fermenters and secondarys right now...and will brew next week again..Jeff
Beer Dealer
Beer Dealer
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Dealer Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:02 pm

Introduction 2010-110
Beer Dealer
Beer Dealer
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  TylerS Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 am

Well, my names is Tyler. I live in Fargo (via Grand Forks, via Corcoran, Minn.). Have home brewed only once in my life and it turned out less than stellar. The wife promised that I could get a homebrewing kit after Christmas, so I'm already clearing space in my "man cave."
I'm a hop-head by nature, but I seldom meet a beer I don't enjoy on some level. Favorite commercial brews are Surly Furious and Bell's Two-Hearted ale. And if anyone is in the Twin Cities and is looking for a good place to try a WIIIIIDE range of beers, head to the Happy Gnome in St. Paul. They have, without a doubt, the best supply of GOOD beer that I've ever seen....and I'm not talkin Bud Light Razz
TylerS
TylerS
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:50 pm

I guess I'm just proud of it! My son and I spent a whole day cutting and welding it from a motorcycle shipping crate. It works like a dream and handles well on the highway.
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:41 pm

Welcome r@fink!

... I know I've seen this system somewhere before, hehe.
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:36 pm

I am also named Bob. I live in Minot and have been brewing since the early 90's. I brewed extract for most of those years and switched to All Grain around 2007. Introduction Standcomplete-1
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Philleo Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:40 pm

randi philleo wrote:I do All-Grain brewing with my husband. I like to try all styles. I love malty. I really lean towards Browns, Porters, and Scotches.
I wonder who that guy is. Lucky devil...

Hi everyone, it may have been a long time coming, but I'm happy to introduce myself to all you fine people. I, too, am afflicted with the wondrous "disease" of excessive beer love. I love to taste it, brew it, cook with it and talk about it. If I went to Eastern Europe, I'd go to one of those beer day spas and bathe in it.

As the ladies and gentlemen in the Muddy River Mashers can attest, I'm mostly Belgian by heritage, so I'm hooked on brewing Belgian styles. For some odd reason, I just don't like trippels, though. Anyway, if it's off-the-wall, smokey, Belgian-y or just unusual, that's what I like to drink and taste. One of my prize beers I'm waiting to try is a Schlenkerla in my cellar. Mmm, Rauchbier.

Given that, it's not hard to believe my other love is Islay single malt Scotch, the smokier and peatier the better. My favorite is Laphroaig but I hope to get to try Lagavulin soon enough.

Anyway, good to be here!
Mike Philleo
Mike Philleo
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm gonna keep the introduction going that bob started...

I'm Randi. I like beer. Heh. But seriously, I enjoy brewing, tasting, being involved with the Muddy River Mashers in Bismarck, and traveling (and stopping at breweries).

I do All-Grain brewing with my husband. I like to try all styles. I love malty. I really lean towards Browns, Porters, and Scotches.
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Hello bob!

Good idea with the introduction post. I too enjoy a Smit-icks. I was pretty happy when we got a local pub that carried it on tap. You'll have to let us know how it turns out. I know Brewers Roundtable had a nice looking All Grain Smithwicks clone. Haven't tried it myself though.
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  fatbob Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Hello everybody. I was glad to see a forum for brewers in ND. I am a retired boilermaker and I have been brewing for a couple years now. As I am posting I am brewing a batch of a smithwicks clone right now. Smithwicks is one of my favorite beers. The clone that I get from Austin Homebrew isn't like the original but it does come pretty close. I have only been brewing extract so far but am looking to start all grain one of these days.
fatbob
fatbob
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum