NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheesy Brewing Show on MavTV (Body Shots)

5 posters

Go down

Cheesy Brewing Show on MavTV (Body Shots) Empty Re: Cheesy Brewing Show on MavTV (Body Shots)

Post  dkwandt Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 am

or a nickle for why it is called an IPA
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Cheesy Brewing Show on MavTV (Body Shots) Empty Re: Cheesy Brewing Show on MavTV (Body Shots)

Post  Jon Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Sad, very sad. I wish I had a dollar for each time I explained what malt and hops are.
Jon
Jon
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 pm

OMGWTFBBQ!

...Wow... Shocked
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  TylerS Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:15 am

Sounds interesting...not very educational, but definitely entertaining Smile
TylerS
TylerS
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Cheesy Brewing Show on MavTV (Body Shots) Empty Cheesy Brewing Show on MavTV (Body Shots)

Post  ryanjilek Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:17 am

Ok, I just have to share this and I'm not sure if anyone will be able to take part in my amusement with this show. I'm searching my Dish Network guide for brewing to see if I can find the Dogfish head brewing show that will be on later this month. I instead find a show that is on right now called Body Shots with the subtitle of Nano Breweries on the channel called MavTV (361 on Dish Network). So naturally I turn to it and see what is going on... I'm not sure that the world didn't just stop and start spinning backwards.

I know I will never be able to do justice to what I saw by trying to describe it here but here goes. The show is a bikini babefest for lack of a better description with the subject matter of beer, bars and drinks to complement the babefest. So amidst all of the silicone and skin they are doing a brewing demonstration, some beer based mixed drinks and drinking games. Well it was cheesy to say the least but I'm glad I could stop and rewind a bit to bring you some of the more notable quotes on the brewing demonstration. Here goes:

Brewer dude: "Your extract, what it is going to do for you is help ferment your beer and it is going to add a lot of flavor. In fact most of your flavor will come from this extract."

Host: (imagine big chested dingy brunette) "So is this going to make the alcohol proof higher then?"

Dingier brewer dudes response: "No that will come from your hops."

.... feeble attempt at explaining acid content of hops....

Host, now really confused and holding a bag of hops: "So these are the alpha acids and they are what is going to make the alcohol content higher?"

Brewer obviously flustered by the presence of breasts: "correct! You put in however many ounces of hops you are going to use and you multiply that by the alpha uh, acid unit and then you multiply that by the time and that's what gives you your AA.."

Host interrupting: "So you're an engineer dude?"

Brewer dude: "Well kind of..."

Host "Are we ready to put the hops in?"

Brewer dude: "Almost..." banter about hops and when to add them...

Host: "Ok, so this is for the alcohol (pointing to the bittering hops) and this is for the flavor (pointing to the flavoring hops)"

Brewer: "Right!...."

Ok I have to just stop there.. Oh wait one more thing. According to this brewer they are called "Fermentators".

What the hell? I had to DVR it just in case someone wouldn't believe me.

Good night? Yeah it was. Always nice to end the night with a good chuckle!

Ryan
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum