favorite brews

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: favorite brews

Post  dkwandt on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am

stopped in at beaver creek last night, holy cow the Pale ale (flag ship brew) is out standing, i had to get a growler before i left. can't belive he uses only hallertauer hops in it. out standing beer! was my favorite by far from them, only 8 on tap. had a wheat whit roasted malt and filtered, enjoyed it. i did not try the pilsner, FHA (fresh hop addition) was good showcased the hops (light malt bill, or flavor at least), IPA was good (have to love simcoe it is the stand out hop maybe only hop in it, i think the only dry hopped beer last night as well), rootbeer was good, stout was good thin but very tasty, taste said stout, mouth feel and appearence said dark porter either way i did enjoy it. enjoyed speaking with one of the owners as well.
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:33 pm

1) your favorite type or style of beer (buy, or brewed)
I tend to gravitate towards Malty and Sweet beers. I love Märzens, Porters, Browns, Scotch Ales, and Belgian Dark styles.

I only buy beers that are styles I've never had or am not willing to make, for instance Lambics.

Favorites currently:
Punkin (Dogfish Head) - Jayme's Pumpkin Ale easily matches that though
Sweet & Sour (Mike Philleo, sorry I ever doubted that one)
1602 American Oat Brown (by me, needs a few more tweaks)
Jack's 90 Scottish Ale (Red Lodge)

2) if you have cloned any great beers
Haven't cloned anything. In my time tasting homebrews (not always my own) I find I almost always enjoy the homebrew better than a similar commercial version.

3) hop head, yeast fan, or malty!
I don't think the 3 can be taken apart from each other. Even in a malty beer, the hops still play an important role and vice-versa. Same with the yeast. So I couldn't pick just one.

Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  TylerS on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:49 pm

IPA all the way! I pretty much am the definition of a "Hop Head"... just can't seem to get enough of 'em.

Let's put it this way, if I could drink one beer and only one beer for the rest of my life, it would be Surly Furious. L-O-V-E that stuff.

Bell's Two-Hearted is a close second. But really, I've yet to find an IPA I don't like.

Only brewed one beer (an Organic IPA from a kit purchased in Duluth, but it didn't turn out the best. I left it to my cousin to finish it as far as bottling and whatnot and I think he missed a step or two...) Hope to get into brewing a bit more this winter...but it's hard to find time to do all my hobbies as it is Embarassed
TylerS
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

favorite brews

Post  dkwandt on Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:36 pm

i think we could go a few places with this.

1) your favorite type or style of beer (buy, or brewed)
2) if you have cloned any great beers
3) hop head, yeast fan, or malty!

my favorites are ambers browns and porters. i love my Hunter's Amber, it is a toss up between bell's brown and my own Brandy's Brown. porter, still working on mine, Nogne porter is my favorite commercial porter.

not big into cloning, but i am giving cloning a Nogne Imperial stout soon Smile

i consider myself a Malty. but do enjoy the hops too!
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top