NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are some of your brew's names?

4 posters

Go down

What are some of your brew's names? Empty Re: What are some of your brew's names?

Post  FUTHARK BREWER Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Odins fist..oatmeal stout
Freyas amber..amber ale
Lupulus,the wolf of ale
baulders brew..and american light ale
heimdalls horn..mead
Iduna cyder..
FUTHARK BREWER
FUTHARK BREWER
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

What are some of your brew's names? Empty Re: What are some of your brew's names?

Post  ryanjilek Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:48 am

Well here are a few of mine:

Wooley Booger Wit
Poodle Puddle Pale
Hops Concentrate
Flog the Dog IIPA
Almost Classic American Pilser

All the rest are pretty non-creative and purely functional. You both have some pretty good ones! Randi I like the history behind yours. Nice! R@fink you have some very creative labels.. too cool!

What are some of your brew's names? 2010-112
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Lemme see if I can remember some...............
Witch's Tit Porter
Man it was cold out that day. Tried to clone Odell Cutthroat Porter.
Hey Porter
Had Johnny Cash flipping the bird on the label
Moose Stool
You do the math
Three Beavs and a Bob Bourbon Barrel Porter
My wife and two of my sisters helped on this brew
Hopstuff Red Ale

What are some of your brew's names? HopstuffWhat are some of your brew's names? Mudflapale
What are some of your brew's names? Punchitale
What are some of your brew's names? Skeletale
What are some of your brew's names? Knucklehead01-1
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

What are some of your brew's names? Empty What are some of your brew's names?

Post  randi philleo Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

One of my favorite parts of tasting a batch for the first time is coming up with a name. What are some of your favorite names?

I have 2:

1602 American Oat Brown
When I decided to start developing a Brown Ale recipe I knew I wanted to make it American (more carbonation, higher gravity, and higher hop rate than English). But I'm a total sucker for the noble hops. So I incorporated all noble's into the recipe. I wanted to make sure I could capture some of this old world to new world transition in the beer. My recipe also included oats. I like what oats do for the body (and their good for you too, haha). Captain Bartholomew Gosnold brought oats with him to America in approximately 1602, a decade before the Jamestown colonists planted theirs. So the name '1602' gives tribute to the movement of ingredients from Europe to America.

Gallus Wee Heavy
Oh the Wee Heavy... Well, it is certainly a Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. I've only brewed the recipe once, and I am sure there are some tweaks to come, but I've been impressed with it thus far. I wanted to be sure to give it something with a Scottish reference. So, I found 'Gallus'. Gallus, works in two ways for this brew. After first tasting the wort I enjoyed it so much I was sure it was going to be one of my best recipes yet (not that I've done that many). The first meaning of Gallus is 'self-confident, daring, cheeky', which is exactly how I felt about it. After finally getting it into the keg and waiting FOREVER to taste it I found out it actually fits the second meaning of 'Gallus' fairly well; stylish, impressive. Though I prefer the first meaning best, I think it's turning out to be a very good beer.

randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down