NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Beers Resolution

+2
Mike Philleo
randi philleo
6 posters

Go down

New Beers Resolution Empty Re: New Beers Resolution

Post  dkwandt Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 pm

i got my scultor done, didn't make my jan time frame but that is ok. this is a giant system larger than my current kegs require, but it will hold maga pots too. (kinda what i had in mind when i built it).

special thanks to jeff at wheels wings and hobbies for makinging it so easy for me.
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  TylerS Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 am

Just brew...period! Have the starter kit, now need the ingredients. With the holidays finally over, I should be able to crank out a batch within the next couple months.
TylerS
TylerS
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm

I have decided to have a beer every day in 2011. It may not be a full pint, but it shall pass my lips every day. How's that for lofty goals?
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  dkwandt Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 am

I just want to improve my overall brewing. Hoping to build a sculptor (by the end of Jan), improve my fermentation temp control (something like Jamil Z. shederator). Improve my brewing process, sculptor should help but just making it a more consistent brew session with les awe f*&k i for got ...... moments. (Organization). i have goon the opposite route of you in one respect though Randi, I want to experiment with all kinds of styles (remember i was going to get my amber, brown, and porter recipe down before trying other styles) my whole concept of brewing has morphed in 2010, and in 2011 i want to take my beers up another notch. More competitions, more feed back more beer hoping to move more of my beers from Excellent to Outstanding in BJCP competitions. i think tweaking the recipes and improving my process will help.
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm

I brew Porter, Brown, Stout and Pale Ale because those are the styles I like too. However, I plan to brew some lagers now that I have a keg refrigerator that I can control fermentation temperatures of a whole carboy.
Jon
Jon
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Philleo Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 pm

I've gotta say, those are all very good resolutions. I don't have much more to add, but I will ask that you count me in on #1 of your list. Well, maybe #2, too. That actually covers what I wanted to resolve this year, just worded differently. When it comes to brewing at home, I think people tend to treat it like they're brewing for the public (we love to share!), but you have to make what you want. The words "to thine own self be true" come to mind. More often than not, I've altered my beers to be pleasing to a wider audience, but not this year. They're going to be funky, they're going to be Belgian and they're going to be "mine."
Mike Philleo
Mike Philleo
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

New Beers Resolution Empty New Beers Resolution

Post  randi philleo Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 pm

So, I've been thinking, 2010 was a great year, but I'd really like to see myself grow as a homebrewer in 2011. It's easy to say "I'll brew more in 2011!", but I really want to find a more definitive path. So here's my New Beers Resolution, feel free to share yours too!

• Only purchase commercial beers that I have never tasted. I'd like to see myself drinking 85% of homebrews in my total beer consumption. I was all ready to say "No more commercial beers!" for this year, until my husband reminded me that we are planning on taking a small brewery trip this year, so that's just unfeasible.

• Brew what I like! I'm the one drinking it, so I'm going to brew what I like. My last brew was an IPA, which I'm really not a huge fan of the style. I think I decided to do that brew just because everything I was making before was malt magnified. While I think its good to brew a variety of things, I don't think it's necessary for me to brew it just because I can. I see no problem with having a Porter, a Brown, and a Stout on tap Wink

• Get fruity! I love fruit beers, but I've never made my own. For 2011 my goal is to do at least 3 fruit beers. I hope to get started on one here very shortly.

Happy Brew Year to All!
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum