NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the Keg or Bottle

2 posters

Go down

In the Keg or Bottle Empty Re: In the Keg or Bottle

Post  Mike Philleo Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Today, Mike Thomas and I will be kegging our respective halves of our split batch Belgian IPA, thusly named Bitter Belgian. Haven't taken a sample yet, so here's to hoping she's delicious!
Mike Philleo
Mike Philleo
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  dkwandt Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:07 am

just kegged my IPA, sitting in the mashers kegerator. wort had great floral with a tad of earthy spice aroma, plenty of bitter in taste, i can not wit to try it carbonated!

side note A and C were floated, only B and D left started on D yesterday. mmmmmmmm In the Keg or Bottle 35693
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

In the Keg or Bottle Empty In the Keg or Bottle

Post  Mike Philleo Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:29 am

After searching the forums, I couldn't find a thread for recently kegged brews. I thought it'd be fun to add your impressions of any samples taken in the kegging process. Anyway, I'll start out with this one.

Randi and I just kegged my Dubbel Date Belgian style Ale brewed with organic dates. I apologize for essentially repeating what's on my FB, but this was the best description I could come up with after tasting the uncarbonated beer: "Possesses a light, delicate initial taste with floral and grain accents. The middle taste becomes phenolic and sweeter, with the dates becoming more heavy-handed. Finally, a balanced yeast profile fades to dark fruit and earthy leather."

(I also apologize in advance for essentially copying and pasting this from the MRM forum)
Mike Philleo
Mike Philleo
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum