NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do!

5 posters

Go down

Have you had your fermentation make an exploding mess?

I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! I_vote_lcap71%I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]
I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! I_vote_lcap29%I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! I_vote_lcap0%I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Empty Re: I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do!

Post  dkwandt Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:39 pm

or replace with a large blow off tube Smile
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Empty Re: I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do!

Post  randi philleo Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:17 pm

Just changed out the airlock for the 3rd time. I'm just going to have to stay on top of this one so it doesnt clog.
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 pm

I've always wanted to make my own soda... Not sure if I do any more, lol.

Thanks Ryan!
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanjilek Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:52 am

You know on the bright side I really love seeing the power of a good healthy yeast and fermentation! Albeit troubling and a pain in the butt to clean up, you can't help but see the goodness that is being created there. Looks like you have heating pads on both fermenters?

In the spirit of cleaning up insane messes.... I had a batch of root beer many years ago that was bottled in Grolsch bottles turn into glass grenades. I was working in my garage that was not attached to my house and heard what sounded like automatic rifle fire. When I came back in I had about a dozen or so bottles explode in my spare bedroom. I cleaned for what seemed like days to get smell of root beer out of that room. Any area that didn't have something physically blocking access to a wall or carpet was completely covered with glass and sticky root beer.

The rest of the bottles were just plain fun to open (outside of course). You would pop the top on the bottle and the entire contents would instantly become airborne in a single projectile stream. There was maybe a sip left in the bottle.

Ryan
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Philleo Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Behold, the power of Belgian yeasts. I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! 668612
Mike Philleo
Mike Philleo
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:35 pm

I've had blowoff before, but nothing like that. I've also had things fall between the cushions on the couch, but nothing like that!
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  dkwandt Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:15 am

i don't see the pic, but this is one reason i ferment in the bath tub! on my last brew American Ale 2 (granted it was a slurry) shot my bubbler of the ceiling just glad it was not in the closet any more. only had to clean a little off the ceilling, wash the curtain, and wipe down tub. the whole tub looked like a porter (sad watching that much beer go down the drain). i have to say though i have had more of these types of fermentations since i started repitching yeast. i think i will be going with the 1" tube so i can off gas easier.
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Empty I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do!

Post  randi philleo Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 pm

I left this morning for work with a nice clean basement, a clean airlock, and a sweet sounding *blub blub* from the airlock on my most recent brew.

This is what I came home to:

I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Dscf4096.th I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Dscf4097.th I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Dscf4100p.th

I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Dscf4102j.th I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Dscf4103x.th I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Dscf4104.th I'm gone for 8 hours and this is what you do! Dscf4108.th
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum