NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portable Kegerator

2 posters

Go down

Portable Kegerator Empty Re: Portable Kegerator

Post  JaymeG Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm

I just set the keg on top, took a sharpie to trace it and used a jigsaw. Also have to file the knobs on the hinge so the lid comes off freely. Another thing I saw someone do is hack out a 1/2 circle on the back of the lid for his 5# CO2. It fits in the lid and leans against the back handle. I'm not worried about the 3 gallon kegs, LOL! They just don't hold enough beer! Smile I am though gonna get a sheet of dense foam insulation, cut them to size, stack and glue together to try to make a second lid with 2 holes in it since it also will fit 2 5 gallon ball lock kegs (I don't think you can fit 2 pin locks though). But man..... That will be a heavy cooler to lug around.
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanjilek Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Looks good Jayme! How did you hack the hole in the top? Do you have a really big cork to put in there if you decide to take to use the 2 - 3 gallon minis? Smile
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Portable Kegerator Empty Portable Kegerator

Post  JaymeG Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

Here's my new portable kegerator. Waaaaay cheaper than a jockey box or even the keg koozies with an icepack. This is an Igloo Maxcool 70qt roller cooler. The cheapest place to get these is at Target online or Walmart online for $45. This will also fit 2 - 3gal kegs with the lid closed and then can attatch faucets to the cooler side. This is gonna work GREAT for Oktoberfest, camping, anything that you want to bring your brew to!

Portable Kegerator 04181310

Last edited by JaymeG on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down