NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally bottled last winters projects

3 posters

Go down

Finally bottled last winters projects Empty Re: Finally bottled last winters projects

Post  Paul Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 pm

Going to Dickinson this weekend. Bob, perhaps I can work on a trade!!
Paul
Paul
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Finally bottled last winters projects Empty Re: Finally bottled last winters projects

Post  ryanjilek Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm a huge fan of trading!!! Wink

These are not in any hurry. Both OG's were higher than I really wanted but I went with it. Well the yeast gave up the fight at about 75% so they are a bit sweeter than I would have liked BUT both are over 10% so there is a lot going in there and I'll be interested to see how they do after a year or so in the bottle.

This bottle is hard to properly evaluate. It has a bit of yeast off the bottom of the keg and not being a full bottle is a little light on carbonation.
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:30 pm

You could always send those partials to Minot for disposal. Just sayin'.
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanjilek Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:25 pm

What! Sample.... Never! Rolling Eyes

Actually you know how you always have the last bottle that just doesn't quite fill all the way? Well I'm enjoying the heck out of that half bottle of the grand cru. It is quite nice. Wink. I think I'll keep them around.
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Did you sample while bottling?
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Finally bottled last winters projects Empty Finally bottled last winters projects

Post  ryanjilek Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Well I had a tripel and a dark strong (Grand Cru) I brewed last winter that have been very slowly finishing out. I was finally able to bottle them and so I figured they had to have a proper label to accompany these brews that will likely age for a 'while'.

Finally bottled last winters projects Cercle11
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum