NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found: cheaper homebrew supplies

2 posters

Go down

Found: cheaper homebrew supplies Empty Re: Found: cheaper homebrew supplies

Post  r@fink Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 pm

My recent Northern Brewer order was fantastic. Numerous specialty grains and a sack of Rahr for $11.00 shipping! I've always preferred Northern Brewer, but now I hear that the same company owns NB and Midwest.
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Tue May 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Yikes! That sucks. I've done just 2 orders with Austin, but I think I used PayPal for check out.

I probably just need to try to get to Northern or Midwest every so often.
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Tue May 28, 2013 3:05 pm

I have done a few orders with Austin before but am a little nervous about their security. My last two orders have resulted in having to be issued new credit cards. One instance resulted purchases on my card from Japan, and the other had someone changing my personal info with Capital One. The first one Austin admitted there was a breach in security, and the second one (the most recent) could have been a coincidence that it happened right after an Austin purchase. Good thing Capital One contacts us whenever they detect unusual activity!
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Tue May 28, 2013 2:55 pm

I did a grand total of 1 transaction with know how. Their shipping was as advertised, but I am unsure of the freshness of their stock. Included with my one purchase was dry yeast that was outdated a couple months. Included in the order was a sheet of paper from the owner explaining that the yeast was outdated and he has never had a problem using outdated yeast, yadda, yadda, yadda. I e-mailed the cat to let him know I wasn't interested in experimenting with outdated yeast and desired the fresh yeast I paid for. In the long run and two weeks later I finally did get what I ordered, but wasn't thrilled to miss my brew day, or have some dude try to dump old stock on me. I most likely won't be using KnowHow in the future or sending folks his way.
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Tue May 28, 2013 11:38 am

Nice find! Looks pretty reasonable. I've actually done my last 2 orders through Austin Homebrew. I've had such slow ship times with both Northern and Midwest.

I'll have to give these guys a shot.

FYI, Austin will bag whole recipes for you and seal them as one. Makes for an easy start of a brew day.
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Found: cheaper homebrew supplies Empty Found: cheaper homebrew supplies

Post  r@fink Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:39 pm

I placed an order today from http://knowhowbrewsandfoods.com/. They are in Fairbault Mn. And have cheap shipping charges
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down