NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's discuss Campout 2012

+4
JaymeG
ryanjilek
schmidty_nd
randi philleo
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's discuss Campout 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's discuss Campout 2012

Post  schmidty_nd Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:28 pm

I think the Garrison area would be good. Lots of campgrounds, and it's a beautiful area. Hopefully (extra) water won't be an issue this year. The wife and I were at the dam last summer when they had all the overflow gates open. What a sight!

Anyhow...I think June would be a good time. But you never know when it will be hot and humid or cold and rainy in North Dakota. It's kind of a crap-shoot!

And we're just tent-ers, so primitive sites are good enough for us. Although it is nice to have an electric outlet or two...if just to make sure the cell phone stays charged. Rolling Eyes Ha-ha
schmidty_nd
schmidty_nd
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Let's discuss Campout 2012 - Page 2 Empty Let's discuss Campout 2012

Post  randi philleo Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:31 pm

How's everyone feel about trying the campout again? It was pretty fun last year, the weather was horrid, but it was a good time.

I guess what I'm wondering is how many of you would be interested in camping a night or two somewhere in the state with other homebrewers? Whats your driving limit? Do you tent or camper?

I'm thinking a central location might be nice since we went a little more east last year. Maybe around Garrison? Thoughts?

We definitely want to try to avoid that 100% humidity we had last year. What's a good date range for camping?

As you can probably tell, I'm just typing as I think, so feel free to chime in and help me brainstorm this through. I'd love to see the campout happen again. Homebrewers are just awesome folks to hang out with.

Cheers everyone! :cheers:

Let's discuss Campout 2012 - Page 2 Logo2011
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2