NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ND Brewers Campout 2014

+2
Jon
JaymeG
6 posters

Go down

ND Brewers Campout 2014 Empty Re: ND Brewers Campout 2014

Post  JaymeG Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:56 pm

We are in loop E. I will have signs up at the camp loop and entrance. I look forward to seeing you all!

Any issues getting there please call me or txt & I can send a GPS to you and Google maps will navigate you to me (if you have a smartphone). Or I can give directions.

Jayme
701-527-2569
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  JaymeG Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:05 pm

I sure hope everyone or most is coming! In order to keep the loop we need 8 units on it. I know I'm for sure going! I will be bringing a keg of Pale Ale. For the pot luck I think I might do a pork loin. I know another that is doing a brisket. The loop is a BIG loop with bathrooms, picnic shelter and a community fire ring. With the amount of units that signed up and paid we are all in the one loop. I went up there when the water was still froze and haven't been there since, but I really like the loop. It has enough room, and great scenery of the lake.

Chipping in on firewood would be great! If everyone could bring a bundle or 2, that would be excellent. I hope to be up there early Friday afternoon (before 2).

We plan on doing some door prizes for kids also ladderball & cornhole (sandbag toss) tournaments for prizes as well.

I hope to see all that signed up! It's been a while since I've seen many of you! Hope the weather works for us, if not... we still can have plenty of fun!

Getting there is pretty easy. If you are going on Hwy 83, go west on Hwy 200. Just keep going until you come to the Wolf Creek sign and go north. It's about 4 miles of gravel. Once you hit the park you go left to loop E.
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Gundberg Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Less than two weeks to the ND Brewers campout, so is everyone still going?  
What are you bringing for the potluck on Saturday?
How is the park looking?
What time are people getting there?
How much wood should we each bring?
Do we have enough people signed up for 2 loops or are we sticking with one?
Lets get the discussion started.
Dean Gundberg
Dean Gundberg
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  JaymeG Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 am

Paul wrote:Just registered! Planning to visit for the day Saturday and will bring food for the potluck. Unfortunately we won't be camping as Amy is expecting July 1!

Look forward to seeing you.... and Congratulations!!!
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:17 pm

Just registered! Planning to visit for the day Saturday and will bring food for the potluck. Unfortunately we won't be camping as Amy is expecting July 1!
Paul
Paul
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:16 pm

It's open to register! www.ndbrewers.ezregister.com

Please register before 11pm on March 9th!
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks Jayme!

And if you haven't filled out the survey please do so before this Sunday. We want to get our reservation made in time. Be sure to share it with your homebrew friends too!

Here is the link to the form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1O3Es7hlTzv11Jzmv9UrnLyC7wlVbEDJPSqurfjALSI8/viewform
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

ND Brewers Campout 2014 Empty UPDATE:

Post  JaymeG Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:52 pm

I finally got a hold of the Corps today for info on Wolf Creek.

All of June is still wide open to reserve loops (which is the only way you can reserve there). It IS primitive but..... I have a (one right now soon 2) small inverter generator. So if someone has a need for electricity I have a resource and it is very quiet.

We can move tables at will wherever but need to put them back.

Fire Pits need to stay where they are and no new ones created.

If we have a turnout larger than one loop allows, then we need to get 2 loops and just pay accordingly. There are 2 smaller loops that are VERY close together are very reasonable.

Please contact me if you have concerns or questions @ jaymeg77@gmail.com
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Here is the link to the form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1O3Es7hlTzv11Jzmv9UrnLyC7wlVbEDJPSqurfjALSI8/viewform

Thanks for all your help! Cheers!
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  JaymeG Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:12 pm

We will be making up a form soon to get a good count and see if Wolf Creek would be the place or not. I think we need about 7-10 parties showing to make it worth it. So spread the word to those that don't check the site regularly to hop on and fill out the form when it's on here.
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

ND Brewers Campout 2014 Empty Camping Weekend!

Post  robynlee33 Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:32 pm

We'd love to! Party of 2, tent or small tin-can-camper, we can go either way. Smile Sounds great!
robynlee33
robynlee33
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Mike and I would be in!

Blues and Brews is June 7th in Dickinson as well the Masher Family Picnic, so we'll want to stay away from that weekend too.
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  JaymeG Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Dean is Correct on the location. It's in the Riverdale area.

The date is not set yet just because I would like to have some head count and what dates would work to get the best turnout, so I know if it would be worth reserving a loop (Loop 2 is preferable cause it has water). That is the only way to reserve up there otherwise it's 1st come 1st serve and also can only reserve 3 months in advance. The loops are the same price if there are 2 people camping or 50. So the more there are, the cheaper to each party.

My only thought for a date would be sometime mid/late June just cause the weather is usually decent temps and comfortable in a primitive atmosphere. I see June 14th would be out so we can get PHC involved as well (I also have a wedding that weekend). But I am open to any dates.

P.S.
Dean I plan on attending the PHC Campout again as well!
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Gundberg Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:11 am

Wolf Creek looks to be on Lake Sakakawea near Coleharbor - http://www.wecamphere.com/Campground/CampgroundDetail.aspx?C1=3036

We are interested in going and we could get some more people there from Fargo if it doesn't fall on other important dates like the National Homebrew Conference (June 12-14 but they are often traveling the weekend before and sometimes after).

The PHC will have our campout at Clausen Springs (south of Valley City) again this year. No dates set yet. We are willing to expand it to an all club event if that would work out.
Dean Gundberg
Dean Gundberg
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

ND Brewers Campout 2014 Empty campout

Post  Jon Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Wolf Creek? I am not familiar with this place, could you provide some more detail? Also, did you have dates in mind? Brew On!
Jon
Jon
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

ND Brewers Campout 2014 Empty ND Brewers Campout 2014

Post  JaymeG Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:41 pm

I know it's cold out and a long ways till camping season but I thought I'd start getting heads together. The reason for thinking ahead is I believe a great spot for the campout would be at Wolf Creek which is close to the state park. The reason I think it would work well is that it is a primitive area, close to the water (very close), and can rent out a whole loop so everyone is in the same area and campfire, etc. not just at one or 2 campsites. You can reserve it 3 months in advance and usually books fast. So I just would like to start getting a head count if you would come and when would be the best time. The cost is the same weather its 2 campers or 40. So the more the better!

Last edited by JaymeG on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down