NDBrewers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's brewing?

+5
Paul
r@fink
JaymeG
FUTHARK BREWER
randi philleo
9 posters

Go down

What's brewing? Empty Re: What's brewing?

Post  schmidty_nd Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 pm

After a much too long break from brewing, I got back in the saddle Tuesday night. I brewed a Midwest Supplies Porter kit. (The best Christmas present I got this year, for sure!)

I"m going to use some vanilla beans in the secondary and make it a vanilla porter. I've wanted to make one ever since I first tasted Breckenridge Brewery's version.
schmidty_nd
schmidty_nd
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Brown porter fermenting in the secondary, and a Saison de Noel fermenting nicely in the primary! On tap - watermelon wheat, Vienna lager, Scotch ale, farmhouse ale and wet hope ale. Gonna have a New Beers eve party!
Paul
Paul
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

What's brewing? Empty What's Brewing?

Post  Jon Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:27 pm

Just kegged Scottish 80 ale, Porter, and Danish Lager. Classic American Pilsener in the kegerator fermenting. Second batch of malt steeping destined for a Trifecta brew: home made malt, home grown hops and a captured wild yeast.
Jon
Jon
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

What's brewing? Empty brewing sunday

Post  dkwandt Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Well I still have the cider working, it goes into secondary or bottles this weekend I have not decided. I ended up not having the right yeast for my vanilla porter so i brewed my Belgian blonde (one of my favorites) it has blown the top off twice finally settling down now. I will be brewing Sunday afternoon 2ish brewing an imperial stout.
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  randi philleo Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Just cider's at our house right now. We've got 5 gallons of apple cider going and a little test batch of pineapple... I have no idea what that's going to taste like.

Almost forgot, there is a Flanders Red festering in the buggy barrel. We are lovingly referring to it as "Stupid Flanders!"

What's brewing? 1088

We're hoping to remedy our low brew count with a Rauchbier in the next week or so. We'll also be brewing on November 24th, Saturday after Thanksgiving. It's the brew for the Masher's Brew of the Month. We'll be doing up a Schwarzbier. We'll start brewing at 1pm. Anyone that want's to attend is more than welcome! It's a good way to escape holiday shopping.

:cheers:
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  dkwandt Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 am

I have a cider recipe (I am not a fan of cider but my mother in-law asked me to do it) I boiled fresh juice with cinnamon and nutmeg and some honey. It smelled and tasted great (for apple juice). Will be doing a vanilla porter this weekend.
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 am

Plenty of air locks to sniff eh Jon.
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

What's brewing? Empty Fall brewing

Post  Jon Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:09 pm

A Scottish 80 Shilling is in a used whiskey barrel, Ordinary Bitter is in the secondary with some U.S. Goldings as dry hop, recently pressed apple juice fermenting with Premier Cuvee and a Bohemian Pilsner fermenting in the kegerator at 50F.
Jon
Jon
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  dkwandt Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 pm

brewing a pale tomorrow, i have 10 gallons of amber, 5 strawberry blonde, 5 belgian blonde, 5 american premium lager, 5 imperial stout. my belgian blonde really turned out well in my opinion.
dkwandt
dkwandt
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanjilek Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Also brewed a wet hopped red (Wet & Wild Red) from wild hops of unknown origin that I picked along the green river NE of Dickinson. Fermented like a herd of banshees were scaring the CO2 out of those poor sugar molecules! I will be interesting to say the least!

There are enough hops on the river where I picked these to keep a brewery going for a very long time! One bine alone yielded 2 oz of dried hops. If anyone out there is a connoisseur of hops and wants to help ID these, I would love to figure out their lineage!

Jon & Rocky hold the bine that produced 2 oz of dried hops!
What's brewing? Jonroc10
ryanjilek
ryanjilek
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Just brewed a wet hop ESB with my cascade hops. Fermenting nicely!
Paul
Paul
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

Post  r@fink Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:09 pm

Sitting on ingredients for my Belgian strong dark. Just need to pull away from house restoration long enough to brew. Currently enjoying an APA that I brewed with Zythos blend hops and a American Brown Ale.
r@fink
r@fink
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  JaymeG Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Nothing brewing, just fermenting. I have an oatmeal stout keg conditioning, and a pumpkin spice & pale in the fermentors
JaymeG
JaymeG
Cask Collaborator

Back to top Go down

Post  FUTHARK BREWER Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:29 pm

gathering supplys for my cascadian ipa...using my home grown cascades..going to the beer fest in fargo this weekend...
FUTHARK BREWER
FUTHARK BREWER
Barley Posting

Back to top Go down

What's brewing? Empty What's brewing?

Post  randi philleo Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:53 pm

What's going on out there? What's brewing? Dead-place-smiley
randi philleo
randi philleo
Hoppy Heralder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down